cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MS SQL 2000

d.teal
Level 1
Level 1

I'm planning a new installation of CRS 4.0(4) and I want to be able to use MS SQL 2000 instead of MSDE. Do I need to get my copy of MS SQL 2000 from Cisco or because we already have an existing copy and license of MS SQL 2000 that I would like to use. In looking at the MS SQL 2000 Resource Card for CRS it does not specify, but it does mention a Cisco SQL Utility that is used to update the CRS cluster profile.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

We just did something similar and we used our own copy of software and licenses. Buying the license and software from Cisco did not allow us to use our microsoft select agreement and get the discounts.

Amine-K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed a new copy of IPCC Express 4.0(4) and during the installation I checked the 'Install SQL Server'. After the installation and the setup (HA License), I brought my own SQL Server CD and Installed SQL but after Reboot I didn't get the Cisco SQL Utility. I have now MSDE instance + SQL Server Instance. Where can I find the SQL Utility ?

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

You need the 'Cisco' MS SQL2k CD, I think this which was shipped as part of our HA licence upgrade.

When we buy a HA license, does this SQL CD is sent by default by Cisco?

Shall we buy a HA with Expansion server license or does any HA license provide this CD?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: