cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting a new 9509 director to existing director switch

txosw2345
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to connect a new director to an existing san which contains a 9509 and a 9216 edge switch. I'm getting the following message in the fabric manager

'Invalid Auth Password or Wrong Digest(Server,Client)' Anybody got any clues.

I cannot get any further.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

huangdc
Level 1
Level 1

Please check if FCSP is enabled in the previous switch.

dmcloon
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure the password for user Admin is same as other two switches. Try and open Device Manager to the new switch ip address.

And if you want to give yourself a fright, have multiple device managers open and then change the admin password in one switch that is part of one large fabric (all switches connected via inband management) using the CLI. By doing that you are unable to save any changes by using the Device Managers. It took me a few moments to figure out what I had done but it did cause me great concern for some time. I got the same message as you did.

Stephen

Thanks for everyone's help. Looks as if the problem was a different password had been set up on the new switch. Once I made them all the same i could see the new switch on my left side SAN. On my right side which is supposed to be set up the same as the left I am getting 'segmented VSAN messages' and the switch is isolated. But at least I've got a bit further. Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Segmented VSAN messages may occur if you do not trunk the VSAN across the ISL (make sure that it is in the allowed VSAN list) or if you do not have any port yet up in the VSAN on the new switch.

As for passwords, you may consider using TACACS or Radius. This will automatically give you the same userid/password combinations on all switches and you'll also be able to use advanced security feature like password tokens with one-time passwords etc.

Ralf

Thanks for your help. I plugged a couple of disk fibres onto the new switch and the segmented messages went. Thanks again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: