cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

May I move the Exchage from offbox back with Unity itself w/o reinstall??

matthewik.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

We have 2 7845I servers, one installed Unity (admin tools only for Exhagne)and the other is the Message store Ex2k. Now We try to take the Exchange server for another purpose and would like to make the message store back to Unity's box(from offbox to inbox), My supposed procedures are

1. Reinstall Exchange 2000 on the Unity as "typical" intall

2 use "message store manager" to change the message store from the offbox ex2k to the ex2k in Unity's belly. Please help if you are aware how to exactly? Thank you Matthew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont see why you cant Think of it as if you were migrating Unity messaging store to a new server.

Install Exchange on the Unity server, configure it to be in the same Exchange Org as your other Exchange server. Use the Unity tools to move users from store to another. You will have to follow the same Permissions wizards instructions, etc.

Then follow these instructions from Ginger:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddbd31a/0#selected_message

Should get you going in the right direction. Not sure why you would not just keep it off box. If its just to free up a server, I hope the server is worth your time to do this move.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont see why you cant Think of it as if you were migrating Unity messaging store to a new server.

Install Exchange on the Unity server, configure it to be in the same Exchange Org as your other Exchange server. Use the Unity tools to move users from store to another. You will have to follow the same Permissions wizards instructions, etc.

Then follow these instructions from Ginger:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddbd31a/0#selected_message

Should get you going in the right direction. Not sure why you would not just keep it off box. If its just to free up a server, I hope the server is worth your time to do this move.

Hi thanks for the reference. My reason is the Exchange sever in use plans for insalling other application(s). So I want to move the message store back in the Unity Matthew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: