cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 Help with NM-4T1-IMA

cratejockey
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring a lab. I have 3 L3 Devices. One of which is a 3640 with a NM-4T1-IMA that I am trying to connect to a 1760 with a WIC 1DSU T1. First of all is this even possilbe? Second where would I start. I have experiance with T1's and I have the 1760 configured with:

!

interface Serial0/0

ip address 10.5.100.65 255.255.255.192

encapsulation ppp

fair-queue

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

I would like the 3640 configured as the DCE side of the link. Overall I just need basic T1 connectivity for test prep and labing out routing ideas.

My issue so far is that the NM-4T1-IMA does not appear to be designed to function as a single T1 card. I cant access controller or service module commands to try to force it to do what I want. Any ideas?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately you cant connect the WIC-1DSU-T1 to an NM-4T1-IMA because the NM-IMA is an ATM card.

While you can change the layer-2 encapsulation on the WIC-1DSU-T1 between HDLC, PPP, FR, the IMA card will only do ATM, so they'll never talk.

It will talk to another WIC-1DSU-T1, or a VWIC-xMFT-T1, or NM-1FE2CT1 card.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately you cant connect the WIC-1DSU-T1 to an NM-4T1-IMA because the NM-IMA is an ATM card.

While you can change the layer-2 encapsulation on the WIC-1DSU-T1 between HDLC, PPP, FR, the IMA card will only do ATM, so they'll never talk.

It will talk to another WIC-1DSU-T1, or a VWIC-xMFT-T1, or NM-1FE2CT1 card.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card