cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCM & PIX

ian
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone succesfully configured a Cisco MCM & a PIX to work together?

I have an MCM with a private IP address behind a PIX, but with a static NAT to a "real" address.

I have local endpoints (private addresses) registered to the MCM and they can call out, but they do not receive remote audio and video. The audio and video from the local endpoint is sent to the remote site OK, but none is received back.

The mcm at the remote site sees the private IP address of my endpoint, and not the public IP address of my MCM.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

There are no major issues when configuring Cisco MCM and a PIX. Maybe, you are running into a bug here. The bug-Id is:CSCdk67644

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

Do you have the fixups configured for H.323 on the PIX?

I have seen a PIX/MCM configuration where the public IP address and added as a loopback interface on the MCM/Gatekeeper router and then static routes are added on the PIX to make it reachable and static NAT translations which map the Public IP address onto itself are added to allow traffic to traverse the PIX interfaces. The MCM proxy then uses the loopback interface, and the traffic is permitted through the PIX using the MCM's public IP address. Internal endpoints also register with the MCM Proxy/Gatekeeper using its Public IP address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: