cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking don't discover IP Phones

karima-zaydi
Level 1
Level 1

I have probelm with UT which doesn't discover IP Phones and in Topology Views I can't see the Call Manager icon...

I have added the CCM credentials in the DCR via Common Services, and it sees that it's a CCM.

I made a traceroute from my server to my CCM, It doesn't finish good...then I made a path analysis with the same 2 address, it returns that ther is no IP Connectivity, but the ping works!!!

I don't know what is the problem...

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UT will not acquire any IP phone information until your CCMs are properly data collected, and appear as green on the Topology Map.

Campus will only use SNMP to communicate with the CCMs. Since ping works but traceroute doesn't, it could be you have a firewall between the CiscoWorks server and the CCM. Find out what the device is at the point the traceroute stops. Make sure 161/udp is open (at least) between the CCM and the CiscoWorks server.

even if the CCM is not well discovered, I should see the mac address of this IP Phones ??

Even if the CCM is not properly data collected, then the phones should show up as normal end hosts in the UT main table provided the switch to which they are connected is properly data collected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: