Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

IOS upgrade on 2811

Answered Question

we have new 2811 with IOS Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPBASE-M), Version 12.4(3f), RELEASE

SOFTWARE (fc3), and I am trying to upgrade to c2800nm-ipbaseek9-mz.124-10.bin. I tftp it to the router but I am not asked to erase the flash and when it is done tftping I do a show flash and it is there. If I reload it won't load the new IOS. If I tell the router to load the new IOS I get the following error:

SYS-6-READ_BOOTFILE_FAIL: flash:c2800nm-ipbaseek9-mz.124-10.bin File boot faile

d -- File not accessible.

I can not find any documentation on how to load this. I need the https and ssh that comes with the new IOS. Any ideas?

Thanks

Correct Answer by wochanda about 10 years 10 months ago

Check your spelling on the image name, it looks like there is an extra E in the feature set name.

Instead of ipbaseek9-mz, you probably want ipbasek9-mz, or this as the image name:

boot system flash:c2800nm-ipbasek9-mz.124-10.bin

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Richard Burts Wed, 10/11/2006 - 15:42
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Mitch

When I read descriptions of problems with IOS upgrades one of the first things that I think about is the possibility that an invalid image has been loaded. But your error message indicates the file is not available not that it is invalid.

If you could post the console messages generated during the boot process it would help us to give you better advice. Also it would be helpful if you would post the output of show flash and the commands that you configured to tell the router to boot this new image.

HTH

Rick

Correct Answer
wochanda Wed, 10/11/2006 - 15:43
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Check your spelling on the image name, it looks like there is an extra E in the feature set name.

Instead of ipbaseek9-mz, you probably want ipbasek9-mz, or this as the image name:

boot system flash:c2800nm-ipbasek9-mz.124-10.bin

wiky_jazz Wed, 10/11/2006 - 20:56
User Badges:

give following command in global configuration mode.

"boot system flash:c2800nm-ipbaseek9-mz.124-10.bin"

Edison Ortiz Thu, 10/12/2006 - 05:56
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Mitch,

Please post the output from typing

#dir /all

Thanks

farkascsgy Wed, 10/11/2006 - 23:59
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I faced some similar problem two days before on a cisco 1841 and the problem was that the IOmem percent was high and thee was not enough memory to load the new IOS into RAM. Please check your device and the required memory for the IOS. You can modify IOmem percent in rommon (iomemset)...

bye

FCS

Please rate me if I helped.

Actions

This Discussion