cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS upgrade on 2811

ciscoadmin
Level 1
Level 1

we have new 2811 with IOS Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPBASE-M), Version 12.4(3f), RELEASE

SOFTWARE (fc3), and I am trying to upgrade to c2800nm-ipbaseek9-mz.124-10.bin. I tftp it to the router but I am not asked to erase the flash and when it is done tftping I do a show flash and it is there. If I reload it won't load the new IOS. If I tell the router to load the new IOS I get the following error:

SYS-6-READ_BOOTFILE_FAIL: flash:c2800nm-ipbaseek9-mz.124-10.bin File boot faile

d -- File not accessible.

I can not find any documentation on how to load this. I need the https and ssh that comes with the new IOS. Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

Check your spelling on the image name, it looks like there is an extra E in the feature set name.

Instead of ipbaseek9-mz, you probably want ipbasek9-mz, or this as the image name:

boot system flash:c2800nm-ipbasek9-mz.124-10.bin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mitch

When I read descriptions of problems with IOS upgrades one of the first things that I think about is the possibility that an invalid image has been loaded. But your error message indicates the file is not available not that it is invalid.

If you could post the console messages generated during the boot process it would help us to give you better advice. Also it would be helpful if you would post the output of show flash and the commands that you configured to tell the router to boot this new image.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

Check your spelling on the image name, it looks like there is an extra E in the feature set name.

Instead of ipbaseek9-mz, you probably want ipbasek9-mz, or this as the image name:

boot system flash:c2800nm-ipbasek9-mz.124-10.bin

The spelling of the image name in the boot system flash comand was wrong. Thanks for the catch I guess I could not see the forst among the trees. It is working fine now.

Thanks

wiky_jazz
Level 1
Level 1

give following command in global configuration mode.

"boot system flash:c2800nm-ipbaseek9-mz.124-10.bin"

Mitch,

Please post the output from typing

#dir /all

Thanks

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

I faced some similar problem two days before on a cisco 1841 and the problem was that the IOmem percent was high and thee was not enough memory to load the new IOS into RAM. Please check your device and the required memory for the IOS. You can modify IOmem percent in rommon (iomemset)...

bye

FCS

Please rate me if I helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card