Views
Helpful
Replies

UK - 857 With BT ADSL MAX - Lines become unstable and router require FW upg

akirkby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are starting to see a number of DSL MAX sites running 857 routers becoming unstable, constant loss of sync, re-authentications etc - sometimes up to 400 a day. We called out the Telco (BT) and they tested the line as OK and stable. After swapping the kit three times I spoke with TAC and they provided me with a newer version of the ATM Firmware (2.6.4) - This fixes the problem and stabilises the line.

My question is - Has anyone else seen this problem in the UK? Are BT rolling out a code upgrade to their DSLAMs or changing some hardware? Is this likely to affect all UK DSL MAX connections in the near future?

Andy.

2 Replies 2

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Andy,

there was an issue in the past with Cisco 837 and I think 857 routers, with a possible solution being to set the 'dsl operating mode' to 'ansi-dmt' instead of 'auto'. You might want to give this a try and see if it makes a difference...

Regards,

GNT

cleidh_mor
Level 1
Level 1

Andy,

We've likewise seen issues with Cisco 870 routers on BT ADSL lines. I doubt that BT will do any upgrades to their DSLAMs as we've found them pretty unhelpful when it comes to DSL. We're currently rolling out a lot of 870s and I'm going to be upgrading firmware on all of them before deployment.

Cheers,

Neil