cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Unknown NAS" error on Cisco ACS?

moazzam.ali2
Level 1
Level 1

We have a wireless setup including a Cisco ACS RADIUS server. I was checking the reports and under "Failed Attempts" , I found a failed attempt of description "Unknows NAS" and NAS IP address which does not belong to our network.

Can someone explain me what does that mean. Normally any user trying to get to our network and barred by network (for wrong password etc) shows up in this area. Additionally the NAS IP address shown in the report is not part of ACS configuration, so how it showed up the RADIUS server.

thanks,

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Unknown NAS basically means that the ACS has received an authentication request from a device that has not been configured on the ACS.

For example, you would normally add your switches, dial-in boxes, etc to ACS, putting in the shared secret key etc.

If the device that sends an auth request isn't added, the ACS will not respond to the device, and it will log the event.

If it's a device that should use ACS services, then you need to add it to the ACS network configuratin.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card