Views
Helpful
Replies

TRICK ABOUT ACCESS-LIST

mmtantawi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear My reader,

I have this idea in my mind, and i am searching for your advice, in order to go ahead and implement it or stop even thinking about it.

the idea is :-

My mail server is hosted in my isp side, and inside my company here i do not have any internal mail server at all, for any communications going on .

all the users used to use the POP3 Account and using the SMTP account to send / receive E-mails.

the only thing which is worest is ,if i have no internet, i will be unable completely to send / receive any E-mails from outside at all.

now, imagine MY SMTP SERVER WAS 10.1.1.1 .

( This is Public IP ).

and MY POP3 Server was 20.1.1.1

( This is Public IP ) .

and my doamain was XYZ.COM .

=========================================

Now, here is my question,

can i add or write an Access-list to Deny for example user who is his E-mail ( within my doamin ) like:-

SAM @ XYZ.com from sending any E-mails at all to another user in the same Domain like ( AHMED @ XYZ.com ) .

===================================

my question is, can i implement this idea, in stead of write an access-list to deny or permit the POP3 or SMTP completely for this User ?

i need to do this on one of my users inside my LAN.

he is using POP3 account and he is connected to the Internet through my Router.

so Please guys, can any one tell me how to implement this idea if its possible ?

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, but you can do this on the email server and that's where his access should be controlled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: