cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are the C2960G nonblocking Ports?

manfred.seiler
Level 1
Level 1

If I connect Port 1+2 to a other C2960G Switch and create a Etherchannel. Will I get the full Speed of 2GB to the Other Switch or are only the Dual Purpose uplink Ports nonblocking?

4 Replies 4

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

I believe that you can use any fastethernet or gigabit ethernet port you have (up to 6 ports) of your switch to for the etherchannel.

for more information check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2960/12225see/scg/swethchl.htm

Vlad

Thanks, but I am still not sure if the Ports 1+2 are non blocking if I build a Etherchannel with this Ports.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are talking spanning tree as far as blocked ports , neither port is blocked , an etherchannel is considered a single link as far as spanning tree goes and traffic is balanced across both links based on a algorithm based on either the mac address or the source or destination ip address depending on how you configure it .

I don't speak about spanning tree.

On some Switches there are 2, 4, or 8 Ports connected together to the same chip and then this chip is connect with 1GB to the backplane. In this case you can not get the full 2GB Speed if you build a Etherchannel with this Ports.

So my question is, are all Ports on a C2960G Switch connected with Full 1GB to the backplane or not.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card