cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ata's won't register to CM 4.1(3) sr3c

k.luckhaupt
Level 1
Level 1

I have just converted a customer from CME/CUE to CM 4.1(3) with unified messaging. The CME/CUE rtr has become the h.323 voice gateway. The customer had 3 ata's working with the CME/CUE solution, they were running h.323 code in order to operate with the dial peers.

Since we changed to CM I was told that I would need to upgrade my ATA's to sccp and let them auto register to the cm and them configure them from there. After upgrading them and resetting them to factory defaults I still can't get them to register to the CM. TAC has looked at the atadefault.cfg cnf, and xml files. How should I get these to operate with this customers networks.

thanks.

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Are you able to browse to the web interface of the ATAs ? Make sure under SCCP parameters, SID0 and SID1 are set to (dot .) what version of code are you running on the ata's. It might not hurt to use sata186us.exe to upgrade the code again to the latest SCCP firmware that is available in Callmanager TFTp folder.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

yes, I can browse to the ata's. ATA030203SCCP051201A.zup I used sata186us to upgrade them from h.323 to sccp.

the web browser won't let me do anything with the SID0, SID1.....

Any other ideas....

What are the values that are currently stored in SID0 and SID1 field ? This field controls auto registration of ATA ports to CM.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

on the device info page phone 1 dn and phone 2 dn are set to 0

I even unpacked a new phone just to make sure that my auto registration was still working.

I have done dozens of ata's and never had this issue, the tftp logs on the CM see the ata's but have issues with atadefault.cfg and some other files.

I just found out from tac that sid0 and sid1 need to have a . in them an that is it and they will auto register.

thanks for your help

If you re-read my first post, it clearly says SID0 and SID1 have to be a DOT.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW