Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

VMS coexisting with ACS on same windows server

Answered Question
Oct 17th, 2006
User Badges:

Trying to install VMS and ACS software on the same machine; windows 2000 platform being used.

Correct Answer by pmccubbin about 10 years 10 months ago

From my experience this is a bad idea. VMS by itself is a resource hog and I usually tell my customers that multiple processors and at least 4 gigs of RAM is required at a minimum. When you add ACS to this mix then you are simply asking for trouble. Keep them on separate boxes and your troubleshooting of either service will be that much easier.

Just my 2 cents.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
pmccubbin Tue, 10/17/2006 - 03:25
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

From my experience this is a bad idea. VMS by itself is a resource hog and I usually tell my customers that multiple processors and at least 4 gigs of RAM is required at a minimum. When you add ACS to this mix then you are simply asking for trouble. Keep them on separate boxes and your troubleshooting of either service will be that much easier.

Just my 2 cents.

rjugnauth Tue, 10/17/2006 - 20:53
User Badges:

Hi pmccubbin,

Thanks for your reply. There hasn't been proplem as such; but machine was definitely struggling to cope with the software. The whole principle of placing them on different boxes with plenty of RAM does make sense! Thanks again...

Actions

This Discussion