cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS coexisting with ACS on same windows server

rjugnauth
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to install VMS and ACS software on the same machine; windows 2000 platform being used.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

From my experience this is a bad idea. VMS by itself is a resource hog and I usually tell my customers that multiple processors and at least 4 gigs of RAM is required at a minimum. When you add ACS to this mix then you are simply asking for trouble. Keep them on separate boxes and your troubleshooting of either service will be that much easier.

Just my 2 cents.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

From my experience this is a bad idea. VMS by itself is a resource hog and I usually tell my customers that multiple processors and at least 4 gigs of RAM is required at a minimum. When you add ACS to this mix then you are simply asking for trouble. Keep them on separate boxes and your troubleshooting of either service will be that much easier.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi pmccubbin,

Thanks for your reply. There hasn't been proplem as such; but machine was definitely struggling to cope with the software. The whole principle of placing them on different boxes with plenty of RAM does make sense! Thanks again...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: