cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup ACS4.0 appliance as TACACS+ Server

faxfan2002
Level 1
Level 1

This may seem like a daft question but I cannot see, nor find, how to setup a ACS server as a TACACS+ server. The interface configuration screen only shows RADIUS options. Can someone point me in the right direction please??

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Add a TACACS+ device into Network Config.

... then all will be revealed!

Darran

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ethiel
Level 3
Level 3

If you're looking for TACACS+ options under users or groups, check the following to enable some of the options under groups.

Interface Config->TACACS+

Also, check the following to enable Per-user TACACS options.

Interface Config->Advanced Options

If you're looking for something else and I'm not understanding you properly, please let me know more info of what you are looking for, such as if you're looking for router configs, etc. If you?re looking for where to enable the TACACS+ service, it is on by default (and I don't know of a way to kill it for that matter).

-Eric

[EDIT]

Well, after reading more carefully, it sounds like you don't see the TACACS option in Interface Config. If that is the case, what exactly DO you see there? I have the following (not an appliance, but should be similar).

User data config, TACACS+, RADIUS(IETF), RADIUS(Cisco Airespace), Advanced Options

Sorry for mis-reading.

-Eric

Thanks for the reply Eric.

You are correct I do not see TACACS+ under interface config. All I see is:

User data config, RADIUS (Cisco IOS / PIX6.0), RADIUS (Microsoft), RADIUS (Ascend), RADIUS (IETF), Advanced Options.

Thanks,

Robin.

Add a TACACS+ device into Network Config.

... then all will be revealed!

Darran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: