cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L2L VPN ASA5510 to Nortel Contivity

svanguilder
Level 1
Level 1

We are are having some problems getting the tunnel to completely come up. It seems the IKE or Phase 1 completes and then Phase 2 won't complete. I am getting a message about INVALID_ID_INFO and the the process ends and restarts. I have attached the log file. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

The message points to a crypto map problem. Make sure the peer specified on the Cisco points to the tunnel termination point at the Nortel side. Also make sure that the transform set matches along the local and remote proxy identities (ACL).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

The message points to a crypto map problem. Make sure the peer specified on the Cisco points to the tunnel termination point at the Nortel side. Also make sure that the transform set matches along the local and remote proxy identities (ACL).

I don't manage the Contivity and can only go by what the analyst on the other end is telling me. We have gone over the ipsec config over and over and everything seems to match. We just can't seem to pinpoint where the difference is. We are narrowing traffic down to 4 hosts on our end and 2 hosts on their end.

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scott,

Can you make sure that you have configured "isakmp identity address" on the ASA.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Arul, I do believe that did it..

Thanks Scott.

Scott,

Thanks for the update! Glad that everything is working.

If you dont mind, when you get a chance could you update the Forum that the answer provided resolved your issue, so others can benefit from similar issues.

Thanks!

Arul

I did and again thanks for the help.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: