cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting from CatOS to IOS on cat6500

pmpesha
Level 1
Level 1

I converted my switch to the IOS successfully. For some reason my msfc is now missing, what did I do wrong? When I do issue the sh module command, I am missing the module 15. Please advise.

3 Replies 3

tjblue
Level 1
Level 1

Please see this link. It contains some good information. I used it for a similar situation this AM on a test switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa9.shtml

Tim

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

the "sh mod" output is slightly different in the (native) IOS as compared to hybrid (ie.CatOS). There is no module 15 construct within IOS. You should see your msfc however under submodule display. E.g. you see your supervisor within the modules part of the output in position 5 and beneath under the submodules part of the output you should see both the msfc and pfc as submodules (as submodules for the module in position 5). I hope my English makes sense.

Best regards,

Antonin

I don't remember seeing any submodules under the mod 5. I will verify next time I go to the lab. Will the msfc be accessible? and how? Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: