cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

t3 interface install

wharrison
Level 1
Level 1

I installed a t3 controller in my cisco 3745 and I cant get it to come up in a hard loop

4 Replies 4

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

You need to make sure that you configured the controller for the T-3. This configured layer 1 parameters. If not then you will not be able to bring the line up....

What is the command

Dependant upon the type of T3 module you have, you may have a controller for it..Show run and see if a controler T3 appears for your config. If so then go into config mode and type controller t3 xx/yy. Under this mode you should be able to configure the paramaters such as LBO, Framing, timing, etc... Make sure you no shut the controller. Once this is done under your config you should see a new serial interface that relates to your T-3 controller. Now you can input your interface parameters such as IP address, etc......

If you do not see a controller T3 under your config then you should see an interface that coorelates to your T-3 module in the slot it is in... go into config mode and into the serial xx/yy. under this mode type in service-module T3. Under here you should see your parameters to configure the T3....

This card is set in hdlc and it wont do a hard loop with a cable

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card