cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router-on-a-stick on between 2610 and 2924

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a minimum IOS requirement for configuring router-on-a-stick for a router or switch? I've configured it before on other gear, but for some reason I've been having trouble setting it up for this switch. I have two vlans (native with no IP, 2nd VLAN with an IP), but I can't seem to do a "no shutdown" on my second VLAN's interface (no error returned, just sticks as no shutdown). Trunks are set up with dot1q. In the end, I can't seem to ping the router's subinterfaces. Any ideas?

-Shikamaru

2 Replies 2

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

hi...

i think 2610 is having ethernet port only and for intervlan i think cisco recommend fasteternet port... but eventhough during training for testing we have configured the same case as you do have... will you please post your configuration for intervlan routing of 2610 and 2924 also... or just you fire command shutdown on 2610 ethernet interface and then fire no shutdown command... also make sure for trunking encapsulation and duplex speed....

regards

Devang

Thanks for replying, Davang. I worked it out. A couple of the configuration commands are a little different than I've seen before, but it's fine now.

-Shikamaru

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card