Views
Helpful
Replies

Remotely configure voice greeting on Unity

moiz_honeywell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a client who wants to know if it is possible to remotely configure the voice greeting on Unity. If yes, how can this be done?

TIA

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm assuming you're on a recent version of Unity (i.e. 4.0(5) or later at least).

I'm also assuming you mean changing the greeting on a call handler - this can be done via the Greetings Administration conversation. The caller has to identify themselves as a subscriber and they must be listed as the owner of a call handler - after identifying the call handler and themselves they can record the greeting just as you can in the subscriber conversation itself.

The greetings administration conversation can be accessed off a one key routing rule on a handler or routing rule etc...

View solution in original post

I am also trying to solve an issue of having a user change the greetings assigned to a call handler and what you are saying makes sense but when I attempt to connect to the Test CH I am unclear how to direct my connection to the CH. If I dial into Unity and use * so that it prompts me for the ID what do I input? If I supply my normal extension it goes to my voicemail box or is it possible to have one ID then depending on the password have it direct me to the correct CH or VM box? I have tried to use the Ext. assigned to the CH but that is coming back as Invalid entry. Thank you in advance.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm assuming you're on a recent version of Unity (i.e. 4.0(5) or later at least).

I'm also assuming you mean changing the greeting on a call handler - this can be done via the Greetings Administration conversation. The caller has to identify themselves as a subscriber and they must be listed as the owner of a call handler - after identifying the call handler and themselves they can record the greeting just as you can in the subscriber conversation itself.

The greetings administration conversation can be accessed off a one key routing rule on a handler or routing rule etc...

I am also trying to solve an issue of having a user change the greetings assigned to a call handler and what you are saying makes sense but when I attempt to connect to the Test CH I am unclear how to direct my connection to the CH. If I dial into Unity and use * so that it prompts me for the ID what do I input? If I supply my normal extension it goes to my voicemail box or is it possible to have one ID then depending on the password have it direct me to the correct CH or VM box? I have tried to use the Ext. assigned to the CH but that is coming back as Invalid entry. Thank you in advance.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are a Unity Admin, you can actually record a WAV file, then upload it to the CallHandler or subscriber greeting. I do this all the time when I need a CallHandler re-recorded for a client. They have a "professional" voice record the .wav file. Then send it to the Unity Admin who will then upload the file to the correct CallHandler

Thank you for the quick replies. I will talk to my client and see how he gets on with your suggestion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: