cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound DID Masking Needed

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who wants a certain number to display on outbound calls. Here's an explanation: Customer has site A and Site B, Site B is new and has 40 phones and a new PRI with DID range of 222-555-XXXX and Site A has a DID range of 222-444-XXXX and what they have is 10 of those users coming from Site A with there exisitng extensions 222-444-XXXX . So when someone calls that users who is not in Site A anymore, the call goes to Site A gateway and routed through network to Site B and everything is fine. Now here's what they want, the user who is in Site B with the extension from site A (222-444-XXXX) to be able to call out Site B gateway with there number. We setup External phone masks on the phone, enabled Use Calling Party's External Mask in the Route List, checked mark the Use Calling Party's External in the Route Pattern and when we place a call out, we get 222-555-XXXX, it does not change the 555 to 444

4 Replies 4

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

A calling number mask of 222555XXXX in either the route group config or gateway config would cause this.

It may be that the carrier is not passing your whole calling number. On the site B PRI router do a debug isdn q931 to see what calling number you are sending.

Most carriers will pass your calling number if you request it.

Please rate helpful posts.

We have verified that there is no mask in route group and gateway config. We did Debug ISDN and it is showing the number 2225551234 and it should be showing 2224441234. I agree with that most carries will send the calling number, but somehow this is picking up the 222555XXXX number and we have check everywhere, We have Cisco on the phone and he has yet to see where it's picking it up from either.

What version Call Manager? It sounds like one of those cases where you have the correct config, but it is not taking effect. I assume you have reset route lists, gateways, phones etc? Have you checked Enterprise Manager on your publisher to be sure replication is working? Can you restart the Call Manager service on the subscriber(s)?

They are running 4.1(3). We did correct the problem. What I did was created a new Route List and everything worked correctly. What I did find out is that someone did put in the wrong mask a week ago and just yesterday took it out of the Route List, so it looks like that even though it was blank, somewhere in the database it was still in there. So we assign the Route List to all the Route Patterns and deleted the old Route List and all is well.

Thanks for all the input.