cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC express HA Mode

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

I read in the SRND guide that IPCC servers (2) in HA mode must be in the same location as each other and callmanagers. as long as all servers have IP connectivity can they be in seperate locations?

4 Replies 4

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

This is an interesting question. The answer I obtained from Cisco, was that HA (at least in the 4.0 release) provides only server-level redundancy and not network redundancy, and that the both servers needed to be in the same location, and connected to the same switch. Apparently even Layer 2 connectivity across a GigE connection is not supported because some failure could partition the network, potentially resulting in two Masters and consequential loss of synchronisation.

Matthew, that is indeed odd. And perhaps that is also the answer I am looking for. I am working on a HA CRS installation and finding some difficulty in activating the secondary server.

is there any cisco documentaion on this. I can not find anything. I can not find anything that says what the bandwidth requirements are between 2 Ipcc HA servers, like keep alives. Any help would be great

Check out page 3-3 of IPCCX SRND:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1846/c1609/cdccont_0900aecd80331ee7.pdf

When designing an IPCC Express deployment, the following rules apply:

? The CRS Engines and Databases components must be co-located in the same building with the CallManager servers running the CTI Managers with which IPCC Express will be communicating. Other CallManager nodes within the same CallManager cluster (if this is a CallManager cluster split over the WAN) can be located on other VLANs.

? CRS Engine and Database components must be co-located on the same VLAN.

? When deploying High Availability (HA), the CRS Engine and Database components must both be redundant and collocated in the same building.

? If recording is going to be used for a HA deployment, then the Recording component must be redundant.

? All agents for an IPCC Express deployment must be using phones which register to the same CallManager cluster. Calls can be received from devices and callers on another CallManager cluster (using inter-cluster trunks).

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: