Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Through VPN

Hello There,

I have two 7960 IP Phones which I need to configure them to work through a VPN in NJ. The phone has an IP Addrss in the rang of 192.168.1.X but I am not able to ping the IP Address from CM in Boston. Could you please advise what are the steps that I have to go through to make this configuration happen? Do I need to configure any additional Partition or CSS?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like a problem with the VPN tunnel. What equipment is terminating the 2 ends of the tunnel? Are there other computers in the 192.168.1.x range that you can ping? You will only need additional partitions/CSS if these phones need different calling restrictions that other phones you currently have setup.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

Attached is the VPN config. Could you please have a look and let me know if there's anything wrong with the config? They can ping the CCM in Boston from the NJ end using a workstation connected to the phone which is not registered with CCM, but I am not able to ping the phone or the workstation. It looks like we have one way communication. Could you please advise?

Thanks,

Brandon,

The TFTP Server configured on the phone was wrong. I had someone in NJ to manualy configure the TFTP Server. Now I can ping the phone and the workstation connected to the phone but the phone is not registering with CCM. Do you have any idea why it's doing so?

Thanks,

1. What does it say under the status in the call manager.

2. Is CCM and TFTP are co-existing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: