Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC/WCS vs WLSE

rpaquin
Level 1
Level 1

ok..

I'm looking at these solutions and I'm very puzzled why I would purchase a WLC/WCS/AP vs a WLSE/AP solution.

First with WLC, i have to deploy multiple WLC's to get global redundancy. Don't need that with AP/WLSE combo. WLSE isn't a global failure point that takes down all my AP's.

Second, While deploying a WLC is easier as WLSE takes an ACS server and ability to read and deploy WDS services, I can buy a WLSE and ACS server/hardware for less than the cost of one 4400 controller.

Third - WLSE handles 2500 access points, does heat maps, something I would have to spend extra money and buy WCS for with the WLC. WLSE does the auto-reconfiguration and site survey.

Seems to me WLC is similar to cars where they took the gauges out and just give you warning lights way of deploying wireless. Don't worry about what it does, just put it in and only pay attention if a red light appears while WLSE takes more knowledge of ACS and WDS, shows you more details, gives you greater control, autonomy and failure redundancy.

Did I miss something??? It seems like WLC is 3 times as expensive yet doesn't provide anything other than easier deployment.

1 Reply 1

s.abubasheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thank you Rpaquin, I also need answer which is better and which one is more sutabile for small wlan ?

Regards

Saher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card