Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 4.X, CM and CME

thr0237ab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just wonder that Unity can support CallManager and CallManager Express at the same time. Also, for the scalability, how many CallManager/CME can Unity support at the same time?

Thanks very much.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, CCM and CME can be integrated to the same Unity installation. The number of supported integrations depends on the version of Unity. Unity 4.0 supports dual integrations. Unity 4.2 supports up to 9 integrations. See the following links for confirmation.

Dual Phone System Integration Guide for Cisco Unity 4.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guide09186a0080211b2e.html

Multiple Phone System Integration Guide for Cisco Unity 4.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guide09186a00806192a3.html#wp1220415

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I successfully setup the integration of CME and CM with unity 4.0(5). However, I notice that sometimes the Unity will choose the wrong channel to turn on the MWI. (i.e. choose the channel on CME integration to turn the CM phone) The most strange thing is that it will successful to turn on/off the MWI on the right phone even choosing the wrong channel.

It makes me confusion if my setting is wrong. Could anyone give me some hints? Thanks a lot.

This is normal behaviour on Unity 4.0(5) as the Unity system does not really know to which phone system a pritcular extension belongs to, so it dials all MWI numbers.

Chris

Hello,

I want to set up a ToIP solution in SRST at the level of the remote office: Under normal operation the IP phons are recorded with the callmanager (4.1(3)) of Belgium via a connection LS 2 mega and uses the module Unity express train for the voice messaging.

2821 at a remote branch office that serves these functions:

1. SRST

2. unity express

3. Connection between the two sites (via WAN under LL+ 2MB)

4. Qos

5. DHCP server for phones and PCs

my question it is that how to install and configure unity express train on a router Cisco 2821 with a SRST and Call Manager.

Note: Call Manager in belgium, and cisco 2821(SRST) in france.

Can you help me.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: