Views
Helpful
Replies

Same VRF terminated at single PE, to HQ run eBGP & branches run OSPF

r.hew
Level 1
Level 1

Sir,

My customer have single PE connecting to services to HQ running eBGP and other branches running OSPF protocol. Please refer to network diagram attached - ToDiscussForum_NetworkDiagram_Ver1_10112006.ppt.

On B1CE1 router when I do a sh ip route, I cannot see the connected route on PE1 and the rest of routes is fine.

In PE1 under router bgp 100, I did have the redistribute connected and redistribute ospf match internal external 1 external 2 command. I can see all route in PE1 router for vrf Cust1 as well as PE2 but not on B1CE1 router.

In B1CE1, I can only see HQ PE_CE routes;

1) 172.31.3.44

2) 172.31.3.48

but not PE1 connected routes;

1) 172.31.3.36

2) 172.31.3.40

Please advise. Maybe redistribute with route-map ?

Thanks,

Ray

8 Replies 8

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Just to get it clarified do you have redistribute connected subnets under the OSPF process as well ? Maybe that is the reason you are unable to see the connected subnets in OSPF.

Yes, I did have the command configured in ospf process for remote branches.

I'm in the mid of digging more info what is the caused of it, before going onsite again.

Thanks,

You need to have it on the PE as well. Jus wondering if you have it.

Yes, I have the "redistribution connected" command in both of the router ospf process and router ospf process.

Thanks.

jarvar832004
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any restrictions in the bgp redistributed routes into ospf ?

No, it's a normal redistribution without any restrictions.....

Thanks,

1) issue a show ip route vrf xxx and see whether you see the EBGP PE-CE interface shows up as connected interface in the output. (It should if the PE1-CE1 and PE1-B1CE1 interface are in the same VRF)

2) Secondly to troubleshoot just issue a redistribute connected only on the OSPF process and you should see the EBGP PE-CE interface as an E2 route.

3) If the above desnt work give an explicit network statement in the OSPF process and check whether you see the interface in your B1CE1.

Above steps are only for problem verification. The answer to both the options 2 and 3 should be postive in your B1CE1 router.

Update back with results, for further verification.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Hi Swaroop,

Thanks for your response.

Tried to disable the router ospf command and recreate back the problem and tested good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: