cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Async TTY connection

hcgoh
Level 1
Level 1

I need to broadcast a async stream of data (at 19.2kbps 8 bits no parity) from central site to multiple sites at remote. Is there an async multicast feature in the Cisco 38xx and 28xx routers that I can use ?

Appreciate suggestions and ideas.

Thank you.

HC

5 Replies 5

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

Async is not a protocol that you can send down a router. It has no ability for addressing. What do you want to do with Async? What are you trying to do. Maybe there is another method or protocol you can use....

the central site has an async stream of information (in serial interface) to be broadcast/multicast to multiple remote sites simultaneously over MPLS network. The transmission is only one way from central to remote sites.

I understand async BSTUN is available, but is it only for point to point only ?

You may want to take a look at the below URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801dbe33.shtml

It is an example for tunneling Async protocol trough IP. You may have luck with this....

Let me try out.

Thanks.

for Async data, the BSTUN does not support point-to-multipoint broadcast application, is there another alternative ?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: