cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Disconnects with a vic-2fxo,

drummond.r
Level 1
Level 1

Here's one. i have a cisco 2620 with a vic-2fxo, and a 7940 IP phone. i am not using CME or anything like that. just have it setup so i can use it over my regular analog phone on my desk. when i call anyone in house, as soon as they pick up. the call disconnects. has anyone experienced this?

1 Reply 1

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

A router with primary-ni switchtype will not be able to interoperate with switches that sends CLID/CLIP/CLIR information in FACILITY messages. The router does not accept the FACILITY and disconnects the call.

The High-Density Analog Voice/Fax Network Modules (NM-HDA) for the Cisco 2600 series and Cisco 3600 series routers support Local Voice Busyout (LVBO) features. The busyout monitor command can be configured under NM-HDA voice-ports to permit busyout monitoring of local interfaces or remote IP interfaces via Service Assurance Agent (SAA) probes. These features can be configured and can be saved to Non-Volatile RAM (NVRAM) successfully, but on a router reload, the boot-time parser rejects the busyout monitor commands.

Any busyout monitor command configured under a voice-port on a NM-HDA will disappear from the running-configuration if the router is rebooted. This problem does not occur on VIC-2E/M, VIC-2FXS, and VIC-2FXO voice-ports housed on the NM-1V and NM-2V products.

Issue a copy startup-config running-config to re-assert the missing commands

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: