Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection: Error when I want to see a user greetings

guilhem.perez
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have an error when I click on user greetings on Unity connection administration:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Unparseable date: "Jan 1 1972 1:00AM"

java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "Jan 1 1972 1:00AM"

Does somebody know what is it about?

Thanks.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Workaround:

Set machine to US locale.

If that doesn't work, then try the following:

1. Run regedit, locate:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco\Resource Manager\CurrentVersion\Daemons\IDS_CronDaemon

2. Now edit the "Args" to add " -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en " just after "-Xrs" and just before "com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.config.daemon.cron.CronDaemon"

From (removed most of the classpath for clarity):

-cw C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx -cp C:\PROGRA~1... -cw:jre C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\jre -Xrs com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.config.daemon.cron.CronDaemon

to:

-cw C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx -cp C:\PROGRA~1\... -cw:jre C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\jre -Xrs -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.config.daemon.cron.CronDaemon

3. Now restart the daemon manager.

What this does is tell the cron daemon's java virtual machine to use US & en locales.

Note, this did cause the last updated time and date on the autodownload page to contain a formatting error which was easily fixed by running a "Check Now".

Further Problem Description:

Noticed in the code the use of default locales for cron scheduling. The US locale should be explicitly used.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Workaround:

Set machine to US locale.

If that doesn't work, then try the following:

1. Run regedit, locate:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco\Resource Manager\CurrentVersion\Daemons\IDS_CronDaemon

2. Now edit the "Args" to add " -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en " just after "-Xrs" and just before "com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.config.daemon.cron.CronDaemon"

From (removed most of the classpath for clarity):

-cw C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx -cp C:\PROGRA~1... -cw:jre C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\jre -Xrs com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.config.daemon.cron.CronDaemon

to:

-cw C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx -cp C:\PROGRA~1\... -cw:jre C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\jre -Xrs -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.config.daemon.cron.CronDaemon

3. Now restart the daemon manager.

What this does is tell the cron daemon's java virtual machine to use US & en locales.

Note, this did cause the last updated time and date on the autodownload page to contain a formatting error which was easily fixed by running a "Check Now".

Further Problem Description:

Noticed in the code the use of default locales for cron scheduling. The US locale should be explicitly used.

Thanks very much for your post.

I've changed machine to US locale. It doesn't work.

But when I run regedit, I can't locate:

Could you help me?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm suspecting you are talking a similar issue but a totally different product. Your tips seems related to Cisco Works ("Resource Manager" in the registry path).

/David

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Did you find a solution in the end?

I'm having a similar issue when clicking on "Edit Greetings" of a particular user:

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Unparseable date: "Dec 31 1990 1:00AM"

Any help is greatly appreciated

/David

PS: I'm on Unity Connection 1.1(1)SR1

Hi,

i solve this problem.

I change locale (US instead of french)

I change also Locale default to US

Then I reboot Unity server.

Salut Guilhem,

I changed three things on the Unity Server:

1. System Settings -> VMS Configuration -> System Default -> English(United States)

2. Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Regional Options -> "English(United States)" & "United States"

3. Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Language -> Details -> Default Input Language -> "English(United States) - EN"

Unluckily, after a reboot of the server I still had the same effect. Did I miss something?

Regards

/David

Hi,

check in Regional and Language Options > advanced,

default user account settings, apply all settings to the current user account and to the default user ptofile is checked.

If not, change it and reboot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: