Cisco CTI Manager event log error

Unanswered Question
Nov 16th, 2006
User Badges:

I've been getting this error for some time now on both of my Call Managers. I can't find any information about it via google or cisco.com. Does anyone know what causes this?

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: Cisco CTIManager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 2

Date: 11/16/2006

Time: 8:06:59 AM

User: N/A

Computer: CM-2CORP

Description:

Warning: kCtiMytcpErrSocketBroken - Socket connection broken.

App ID: Cisco CTIManager

Cluster ID: CM-1CORP-Cluster

Node ID: 10.1.2.12

Explanation: TCP connection is lost.

Recommended Action: Although connection to the application is lost, no action is required if lost connection was intentional..

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mmali Thu, 11/16/2006 - 11:29
User Badges:

what version of callmanager.

Error Message

CCM_CTI-CTI-4-kCtiMytcpErrSocketBroken : Socket connection broken.

Explanation TCP connection is lost.

Recommended Action Although connection to the application is lost, no action is required if lost connection was intentional.

System Error Messages for Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_error_message09186a008063610b.html

Cisco Unified CallManager Error and System Messages:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_system_message_guides_list.html

evanrichards Thu, 11/16/2006 - 11:52
User Badges:

Unfortunatley those documents lack any solutions for how to fix the CTI problem.

Erick Bergquist Thu, 11/16/2006 - 17:04
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I have seen this before on a working CCM 3.3(4) sr2 system after it was working fine for awhile on 3-4 occassions now. We went to TAC on this error and issue in past because when it happened to us the IPCC Express call center stopped working. A reboot of Call Manager servers fixed the issue, but TAC couldn't find cause of issue and we took lots of traces during time of problem, and double checked all the configuration also.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful on this, as I would like to find the cause to this to. It has (knock on wood) been awhile since it happened last for me.

evanrichards Fri, 11/17/2006 - 08:08
User Badges:

It doesn't appear to be causing any serious issues. I just don't like having the errors in my event logs.

Actions

This Discussion