Views
Helpful
Replies

HREAP Question

nathan.deane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am designing a centralised wirless network which consists of a AIR-WLC4404-100-K9 at the HQ and 50 sites which contain 1 or 2 AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9.

Could you please confirm that HREAP comes with these AP's and that additional software does not need to be purchased. I know that with Aruba this is the case

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Nathan

H-REAP is supported only on the LWAPP-based 1131AG and 1242AG Access Points. Running 4.0 code or later, the 2000 and 4400 Series Controllers, Catalyst 3750G Integrated Controller Switch, Catalyst 6500 Series Wireless Services Module (WiSM), and Wireless LAN Controller Module (WLCM) for Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) all support this H-REAP functionality.

While there are limitations on how many H-REAPs can reside at a single site, there are no similar limitations on the number of H-REAPs supported by controllers. H-REAPs are treated the same as other access points when it comes to how many a given controller can support.

For more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Nathan

H-REAP is supported only on the LWAPP-based 1131AG and 1242AG Access Points. Running 4.0 code or later, the 2000 and 4400 Series Controllers, Catalyst 3750G Integrated Controller Switch, Catalyst 6500 Series Wireless Services Module (WiSM), and Wireless LAN Controller Module (WLCM) for Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) all support this H-REAP functionality.

While there are limitations on how many H-REAPs can reside at a single site, there are no similar limitations on the number of H-REAPs supported by controllers. H-REAPs are treated the same as other access points when it comes to how many a given controller can support.

For more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

Hope this helps

Brilliant,

I actually put the wrong part code in my original mail, and have included teh LWAPP enabled AP's.

Its good to know that i need code 4.0 or later..

Thanks for the clarification

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card