cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 has wrong ip address

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 7940 that will not register with ccm. this is a new office install so there are no other phones that work. the phone is stuck on "configuring cm list". the phone has worked in another office on a different subnet. i noticed during the boot process it says "opening 192.168.140.1" when the subnet is 192.168.153.1. i released the dhcp address, erased config. i have the data netowrk working great. i think the issue is in the switch config - i'll attach config.

thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Happened to me already with same type of scenario where i moved the phone to a new location. however, mine was easily fixed by resetting the phone to factory defaults. if this as you say did not work, disable dhcp and set the phone with a static ip, manual gateway etc.

if that works, then set back to DHCP.

Hope this at least helps

i figured it out - it appears i left out some dhcp config (default-router x.x.x.x). i also enabled cdp on the phone vlan interface.

thanks for the reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: