cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Classifying traffic on a 3750 - what am I doing wrong?!

jigsaw2026
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following on a 3750:

class-map match-any critical

match ip dscp ef

class-map match-any priority

match access-group 181

!

!

policy-map classify-traffic

class critical

trust dscp

class priority

set dscp af31

access-list 181 permit tcp any any eq 3389

access-list 181 permit tcp any any eq telnet

!

I can attach the policy map to the ingress of both vlan interfaces and physical ports.

BUT it doesn't appear to be doing anything, as I get these results:

#show policy-map int

Vlan1

Service-policy input: classify-traffic

Class-map: critical (match-any)

0 packets, 0 bytes

offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

Match: ip dscp ef

0 packets, 0 bytes

rate 0 bps

Class-map: priority (match-any)

0 packets, 0 bytes

Match: access-group 181

0 packets, 0 bytes

rate 0 bps

Class-map: class-default (match-any)

0 packets, 0 bytes

Match: any

0 packets, 0 bytes

rate 0 bps

Also, when I do a show mls qos int stat, no traffic is being marked as either ef or 31.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? There is definitely traffic so something should be showing up.

Please help!

Thanks,

J

6 Replies 6

zubairjalal
Level 1
Level 1

For the counters in the access-list and the class-maps, this is normal as PBR in the cat3750 is implemented in hardware/TCAM, so packets are not switched through software (unless there are exceptions like the PBR policy configuration does not fit in the TCAM, or the next hop adjacency has not been resolved, etc).

The class map counters only reflect the packets switched in software (interrupt or process context). The hardware switched policy routed traffic will not increment the class-map counters, this is primarily driven due to the limited amount of hardware statistics buckets available.

--Pls rate if this helps---

Many thanks zubairjalal. I guess it could be working then....is there any way of actually checking?

check for the interface on which policy map is applied and see if it is getting congested or not.

you have configured CBWFQ as QoS, created policy map and applied it to the interface. This QoS will be in effect only when interface on which this policy is applied is experiencing congestion.

If there is congestion on the interface then only the traffic will be given precedence as config in policy maps and then you can see the counters incrementing.

rate if it helps ...

Many thanks sourabhagarwal.

danielmassey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello J,

Once the Qos we need to specify the Policy Map to the interface we want to implement.

Please try this command in the interface where u wanna Implement QOS:

service-policy input/output classify-traffic

Hope this will help. Please rate me.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c75d0.html

Regards

Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your response - sorry I should have made myself clearer, I have already entered the service-policy input command on the interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card