Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF aware IOS ssh client

oettls
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

since nowadays SSH is being deployed as one-and-only access method for IOS boxes in some installation, I'm somewhat struggling with the IOS ssh client:

Is there a way to tell the ssh client in which VRF it should do a lookup for the ssh server?

Something like the ssh equivalent of:

PE-box#telnet CE-box /vrf foo

There doesn't seem to be an option in the parser:

PE-box#ssh ?

-c Select encryption algorithm

-l Log in using this user name

-m Select HMAC algorithm

-o Specify options

-p Connect to this port

-v Specify SSH Protocol Version

WORD IP address or hostname of a remote system

Is anyone aware of a hidden one? Or is this feature road-mapped at least?

thanks,

Stefan

6 Replies 6

reachonenetadm
Level 1
Level 1

bump. Any news on this?

Hmm... looked all over the place but could not find anything specific that might help.

Since IOS is based on UNIX, sometimes Cisco leaves out some features, that can be used, even though they are not documented (like searching in long output using "/" or filtering already displayed output with "+"). So i tried binding ssh to an interface, because that should achieve the goal, but to no avail... It does not recognize "-b" option.

But then again, i don't have much real world experience with VRFs

Sanjeewa Alahakone
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunatly this feature is not yet available, CSCsa62544 is the ddts you should track, I *THINK* this would be available in 12.5T

Regards

Sanjeewa

Hi Sanjeewa,

thanks for the info - though I had the hope that this would happen somewhat sooner ;-)

Can you make CSCsa62544 viewable for non-Cisco folks - at the moment no description is available ...

thanks

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Nearly missed your reply :)

I shall try my best, the reason this is non-viewable from CCO is because of this not a defect but an internal software enhancement.

But I believe making it public viewable would help our customers.

Regards

Sanjeewa

thanks Sanjeewa. I'm Looking forward to this enhancement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: