cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

which devices are needed at least for CCIE SP home lab?

guominquan
Level 1
Level 1

hello

NO.1: I want to buy several routing & swicthing devices to build my home lab for CCIE SP lab test. To save money,I have to buy second-hand devices at lower price. so,which devices are needed at least that can complete all CCIE SP experiments? and the IOS version No.?

No.2: which copy of books are needed for the CCIE SP wirriten exam and lab exam?thank you!

Minquan

7 Replies 7

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Typically you may need

1) 2 nos 7200 VXR with min NPE200

2) 4 3600 or 2800

3) 2 3550 Switches

4) 3 Backbone routers 2600/2800 etc.

5) 1 router acting as FR switch.

6) 1 ATM switch.

Since your post was about trying to cut costs, which is a very important decision

when practising for the Lab I though of rpelying to the post.

What I would suggest is you try practising with Dynamips for major amount of

the tasks under the blueprint.And for some features like EoMPLS, which cannot

be done on Dynamips you can pracitse those features with online rack rentals.

This would bring down your overall cost considerably.

As even on Ebay you may be able to buy a VXR under buy it now for ntohing less

than USD 900-1200. So dynamips is a much better option.

And the better part of the news is I had come across this news that IEWB is introducing

support for SP lab scenarios in their SP workbook mapping to Dynamips.

As far as your second question is concerned, anything under the blue print for written and Lab is a likely to appear. ANd since the topics are quite vast, you can trying reading for each topic from your own sources, and you can aswell try to create your own scenarios for each technology sections for the Lab or go for ready made scenarios/workbooks available from learning

partners or academys.

Happy Learning!!

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

It is very helpful for me!

thank you very much!

Regards

Minquan

Here is the download link for the information referenced above.

http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/iosonpc.htm

Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security)

bdennis@internetworkexpert.com

Internetwork Expert, Inc.

http://www.InternetworkExpert.com

Toll Free: 877-224-8987

Direct: 775-745-6404 (Outside the US and Canada)

Hi

I?m studying to CCIE SP with dynampis, I think that it is amazing, of corse that you need to have an excelent machine to run it.

If you want, we can share information about ccie sp.

Thanks

Clrgomes

Hi,Clrgomes

I am very glad to share any information about ccie sp.I have a laptop with Dual-core CPU and 1G MEM to run dynampis.you can add me to be friend through msn if you will.

My msn: guominquan@hotmail.com

Regards!

Minquan

Hi,

I am starting to study for CCIP mpls and also bgp and qos.

Where can I find some good labs and also specs for a machine running dynamic ips that I can use for my studies ?

Thanks

D

Usually,I'd like to collect some cases from Netpro.Otherwise,first of all,you can do some experiments in terms of some configuration cases under some technology topics such as configuring ospf,conifguring is-is,configuring bgp or configring mp-bgp and mpls and so on.you can reading these configurations beforehand as if you don't know too many principles about these technologies.then you learn deep these technology principles again.these are only my personal opinions!

Happy Learning!

Minquan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: