cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging options

sequent-is
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CCM4.2. Are there any paging options built into the CCM? I have used Berbee informacast but would rather explore more simple paging options. Thank You.

7 Replies 7

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Do you mean overhead paging?

Simplest way I have done this is using a cheap phone with a speaker. - i.e. 7905

and configure a line on it with auto answer enabled.

Then all you have to do is place it in a common area where people can here it.

If you dont want just anybody calling it, then use partitions and CSS to control

access.

You can also use same approach by configuring auto answer lines on peoples desk phones also.

Cheers,

Tim.

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

You can work around like someone mention here in the forum, but it is not a true paging feature.

I think you want to broadcast message to group of people at the same time to their IP Phone. Cisco CallManager dont have any solution if you are not using CME.

I really hope Cisco have this feature in future release.

Ken

pharden
Level 1
Level 1

I use extrnal equipment. mostly Valcom. Zone controlers for different areas of the building. with speakers installed throught. FXS port for the interface. I also use ATA for a "0" out option for Unity after hours.

Hi

You could intergate with a PA System through an FXS or FXO port using an SS22 device or something similar. This will allow you to make PA announcements through Speaker or Megaphones.

sgossen
Level 4
Level 4

If you wish to page over the cisco phone speakers, there is no option natively built into callmanager.

If you don't like Berbee, syn-apps makes a good product:

http://www.syn-apps.net/SA-Announce.aspx

It is very much like Berbee, but it is much easier to configure and use. It takes Berbee "out behind the woodsheed".

-Scot

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

Actually Citrix Application Gateway has a BUNDLE of different application services such as a Voicemail Preview app, as well as a very robust paging app.

Check it out:

http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/products/feature.asp?contentID=21016

Do you know where can I get a demo version / evaluation copy from Citrix application Gateway ?

Regards

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: