cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NBAR question

sheldon.wu
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router, and some appliction through it,and I want to know how many flow is belonged to SAP application, so I find some SAP nabr file(pdlm file), but I don't know how to use these files to stat the SAP data flow, could somebody tell me? thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

kamal-learn
Level 4
Level 4

hi

to stat the sap data flow use

(match protocol ) followed by a question mark so you wll see all the protocols supported by your current version of PDLM, choose the protocol needed to spy.

class-map match-all SAP_TRAFFIC

match protocol sapxxxxx

after doing that your sap traffic is now classified by the class SAP_TRAFFIC you can do what you want with this SAP-TRAFFIC class

other thing NBAR will not work if you have nt CEF enabled

HTH

Hi HTH,

When I done the operation, what way I could use to monitor the SAP flow via SAP_TRAFFIC??

hi

first NBAR you can used with the match protocol command as i said in the last post to create a class of a specified protocol and you can adjust your qos for that class.

for monitoring the best way to go is to use ip nbar protocol-discovery under interface mode , this interface is the one your sap traffic is coming accross, this will discover all the traffic crossing this interface so it deponds on the abilities of your PDLM to recognize the sap protocol (otherwise check the latest version or go to sap web site and look for that over there)when done

you have two options :\

the first is to send the traps to an snmp tools for analysis, here you need to add the command :

snmp-server enable traps cnpd

this send s notification about nbar to the snmp server.

or the best to go and its ready just perform a show ip nbar protocol-discovery

you will see statistics for (for example 5 minute bit rate)

and do remember to enable cef (ip cef)otherwise nbar cannot be happy!!!

HTH

do rate if it does clarify

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card