cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

oc3 port card

korbenda11as
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently connecting our two sites via an oc3 link. We install our pa-pos-1oc3 port card and our router hangs which we are not expecting to happen but that's what happened. Kindly help me of possible cause why this happened. Is it IOS related? hardware? thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

network.king
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Can u pls let us know what is the hardware you are using and is ur router getting hanged when card is inserted or when traffic flows .

regards

vanesh k

korbenda11as
Level 1
Level 1

its a 7200 model, IOS Version 12.3(15a. what happened is, I was able to configure the interface and about to test it hangs.

Hi

In 7200 router , we have a concept of Bandwidth points for each cards . If exceeded , the router would hang when traffic passes .

Can u pls paste the " sh ver " and check wheter you have bandwidth.

regards

vanesh k

Are you saying that if I do "sh ver" I should be able to see "bandwidt" term? Unfortunately, I dont see any..I follow the link you gave me, sorry, but I dont get the idea. Can you help me translate what the link wants to say? Thank you so much for your help.

sorry, with my previous message. Here's what I got when I do "sh ver"

PCI bus mb1 (Slots 1, 3 and 5) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth points.

Current configuration on bus mb1 has a total of 300 bandwidth points.

This configuration is within the PCI bus capacity and is supported.

PCI bus mb2 (Slots 2, 4 and 6) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth points.

Current configuration on bus mb2 has a total of 0 bandwidth points.

This configuration is within the PCI bus capacity and is supported.

Can you tell me whats the relevance of these with my problem?

Thanks,

Hi,

I think the output what you have given me is after the insertion of PA-POS-OC3 . I thouhgt it would be a bandwidth point issue as if the bandwidht point is exceeded , the router would hung .

But I think , its not a bandwidht point issue . Try inserting in a different slot and check.

regards

vanesh k

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card