cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Address Reservation

vincent-n
Level 3
Level 3

I was wondering whether this config would work or not. I have a printer that needs to be configured with a static IP address and it can't be done on the printer itself but instead via DHCP address reservation. This is what I configured on my router which acts as a DHCP server for a small office.

ip dhcp pool Auckland-Main

import all

network 10.210.3.0 255.255.255.128

domain-name mediamonitors.com.au

dns-server 10.209.3.7 10.95.3.10

default-router 10.210.3.1

ip dhcp pool Auckland-Static

import all

host 10.210.3.32 /25

client-identifier xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

client-name ABCD

What happpen is when the printer is turned on, it will pickup a DHCP address from the Auckland-Main pool but when I do "show ip dhcp bind", the router actually shows two IP addresses. One is from the Auckland-Main and the other is from Auckland-Static.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Vincent..

instead of leaving it to DHCP (which will change your printers IP sometimes), u can create static binding on the dhcp server (router) to make the IP address of the printer constant at all times.. i think this is the only way to go about this, unless u can manually configure the static IP....

use this URL for reference:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a008027fa7c.html

Hope this helps.. all the best.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Vincent..

instead of leaving it to DHCP (which will change your printers IP sometimes), u can create static binding on the dhcp server (router) to make the IP address of the printer constant at all times.. i think this is the only way to go about this, unless u can manually configure the static IP....

use this URL for reference:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a008027fa7c.html

Hope this helps.. all the best.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card