cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer calls to external number that has an access code

John Burnham
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has local and long distance calls seperated on the network. Dial "9" for local and "8" for long distance. When they use long distance they have to dial an access code from the long distance provider.

They have recently opened a support desk that is an oversease long distance number for their workers to call.

I would like to provide them a local/network number for ordinary users to call that will forward the call to this long distance number, and send the access code upon pickup. This will provide seemless call prcess for the customer and prevent everybody from having this access code.

I have created a Hunt Pilot in Call Manager to point to Cisco Unity. In Cisco Unity I created a Call Handler to transfer the call, but I cannot get the access code to take. I have placed comma's between the main number and the access code, but the system either sends the number with no acknowledement or does not send the number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

John Burnham
Level 1
Level 1

The answer has been discovered. Cisco TAC finally provided me the solution to the transfering of calls with access code.

What is needed is an H.3232 gateway set-up with an outbound dial-peer pots.

dial-peer voice 123 pots

destination-pattern 4444

digit-strip

prefix 011888888888,,,,,,,,,,123456

port 1/0

Cisco Unity will transfer calls, but sending extra digits across can only happen if you use 3 or fewer commas. Otherwise it creates a disconnect.