Wireless 1200 AP Authentication Failed

Answered Question
Dec 12th, 2006

Hi,

I'm prett new to setting up Cisco WAP. I have tried to copy the config from a working one in another other and changed it to suit my own. I'm attaching a config. The problem is that the AP doesnt automatically get picked up by Wireless cards and when i manually set it up, i get authentication issues - DOG11-7-Auth_Failed from the station MAC-ADDRESS

Any idea? I am confused how the Vlan i have set it up on communicates. Please help?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by robert.wright@b... about 7 years 4 months ago

heres a link. Haven't experienced this issue myself but APPEARS to be a possible misconfiguration on the client end.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_example09186a00801df0ea.shtml

Average Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
robert.wright@b... Wed, 12/13/2006 - 05:05

Suggestion before i look at anymore of your config. Please sanitize all of your configs you post on the forums. You have a few passwords in there.

robert.wright@b... Wed, 12/13/2006 - 05:12

Just glancing over i dont see anything that sticks out, have you reference the associated log files on your radius/acs boxes for failed attempts? Also appears your authenicating via mac address so possibly the mac addy isnt present as an authorized device?

rodonohu1 Wed, 12/13/2006 - 05:19

Thanks for the feedback.

I've been working on alot and built up the config again from scratch.

the problem is definatly around the authentication.

When I set it up as follows, I can't see the wireless netork:

interface Dot11Radio0

no ip address

no ip route-cache

!

encryption vlan 1 key 1 size 128bit 7 3EF6C4C5A0DD03D60ACFBC40F93B transmit-key

encryption vlan 1 mode wep mandatory mic key-hash

!

encryption vlan 18 key 1 size 128bit 7 02DC3457EC1AAFC9DF2FAECDF0DF transmit-key

encryption vlan 18 mode wep mandatory mic key-hash

!

ssid EmP1R3D

vlan 18

authentication open mac-address mac_methods eap eap_methods

authentication network-eap eap_methods mac-address mac_methods

but if i put it in guest mode, then i can see the secured network but can't log on to it. When i try to connect it just times out trying. On the client, it doesn't seem to be able to exchange keys,etc. this is where I am in the dark and have difficulty figuring it out.

I've checked the ACS box and it shows on passed authentications that its fine. I just can't get up user authentication box at this point on the client.

rodonohu1 Wed, 12/13/2006 - 06:02

I've also checked this on my ACS failed attempts now: I keep getting the following that points it could be related to PEAP

EAP-TLS or PEAP authentication failed during SSL handshake

where could this issue lie?

rodonohu1 Thu, 12/14/2006 - 08:32

Excatly. I found this yesterday and it worked. The client didn't have the correct Certs so it couldn't authenticate. Cumbersome process but worked.

Thanks for your helpe Robert.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted December 12, 2006 at 4:01 AM
Stats:
Replies:6 Avg. Rating:4
Views:497 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard