cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UK Power Cables for WS-CAC-3000W (and above)

huw.morgan
Level 1
Level 1

I can't seem to find a UK power cable for the WS-CAC-3000W (or anything higher-powered). The 1300W option uses part number CAB-7513ACU. But this is not listed in the Power Supply Specifications appendix of the Catalyst 6500 Series Switches Installation Guide as for use with the 3000W PSU.

Does this mean these higher-powered PSUs are not suitable for use in the UK?

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have a look at this link for 6000W power supply. At the bottom is a list of the power cord's available.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_data_sheet0900aecd801c5c84.html

Not sure if this is exactly what you want

HTH

Thanks for the reply, but no. Sadly this only seems to confirm that UK power cables are not available.

I can't really believe this - surely these are supported in the UK?

Please check my last post, I have included the part number for power cable to be used in Europe for the 3000W power supply.

-amit singh

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

The part number is CAB-AC-2500W-EU for the WS-CAC-3000W power supply for the europe.

I have just check it in configuration tool and CAB-AC-2500W-EU is the correct part number.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

The rest of the EU uses a different power connector from the UK and Ireland. In router terms they would use CAB-ACE, whereas we would need the CAB-ACU.

There is a UK power lead specified for the 1300W.

I've finally got an answer through from our Cisco SE.

The 3000W and above PSUs draw more than 13A (which is the maximum for a normal UK connector) - so we need to ask our customer to provide a international feed. Could be tricky.

Thanks for your inputs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: