Views
Helpful
Replies

Kiwi syslog

tung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the following configured on my router but nothing display in my kiwi syslog. I'm new to this so please help. Thanks

logging buffered 4096 debugging

logging console informational

logging monitor informational

logging facility local3

logging source-interface FastEthernet0/0

logging 10.17.84.51

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These types of events do not generate syslog messages. A config change, on the other hand, does generate a message. If you need a comprehensive list of available syslog messages, you can use the system error messages guide for your release of IOS. For example, for IOS 12.4, see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124sup/124sms/index.htm .

If you define ACLs, and configure them for logging, you can get syslog messages for traffic that matches. However, this can be burdensome to the device if a lot of traffic is passing through it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Check on your Kiwi syslog server to make sure it is listening on local3

The default setting on Cisco devices is local7

You are right but for some reason it only logged whenever I do a changed on my router. It doesn't log anything else. Please help. Thanks

What do you want it to log? What events are occurring on your device that you think should be logged, but are not being logged?

Example like traffic going in and out of the outside interface and log anyone login to the router (currently only log when you make changes). Thanks

These types of events do not generate syslog messages. A config change, on the other hand, does generate a message. If you need a comprehensive list of available syslog messages, you can use the system error messages guide for your release of IOS. For example, for IOS 12.4, see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124sup/124sms/index.htm .

If you define ACLs, and configure them for logging, you can get syslog messages for traffic that matches. However, this can be burdensome to the device if a lot of traffic is passing through it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: