alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

Hi to all!

HW:2811 & fxo port

SW:c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.123-14.T6.bin

Issue description:

pstn(analogic line)------->connection plar with IP phone

when a caller from PSTN call mi ip phone ring but if caller hungs up before called picks up the ip phone goes on ringing!

configuration:

voice class custom-cptone custom

dualtone disconnect

frequency 450

cadence 200 200

voice-port 0/3/1

supervisory disconnect dualtone pre-connect

supervisory custom-cptone custom

connection plar xxxxxxx

has anyone experienced a similar problem before?

No bugs seems to afflict this release!

config seems to be ok!

thanks!

15 Replies 15

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alessandro,

I think you need to configure mid-call in supervisory disconnect. Without opx option in connection plar, the router has actually answered and is off hook.

mark.mcsherry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm getting the same thing. I've tried :

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts wait-release 1

But I'm still getting the issue, although it is a bit better.

Did you ever get an answer to this issue?

thanks.

Mark

Hi,

two things:

1st - use connection plar opx. So the line won't be answered unless the IP phone is picked up.

2nd - connect a phone to the line. Receive call. Have the caller. Verify that the tones received are the same in the voice-class configuration.

try connection plar-opx XXXXXX

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I already have this.

I've set the disconnect timers as low as I can, but there is still and issue when you call in and hang up that the phone will continue to ring for a couple of seconds. Any other ideas to improve the speed of the disconnect?

Thank you in advance,

Mark

voice-port 0/0/1

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

cptone AU

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts wait-release 1

connection plar opx 7001

station-id name PSTN_Connection

caller-id enable

I think that if an ephone that has a connection trunk from an FXO port, rings a little more longer after that caller has hang up, that is OK and expected.

Consider the logic in this:

Incoming ring voltage come with a cadence, something like 5 sec off, 1 sec on.

The FXO port detects rings and activate the call.

To detect for sure that the caller has hung up, the code needs to detect absence ring voltage on the line, for a time longer than the cadence, perhaps something like one time and one half more.

As a consequence the ephone can be rigning for a bit more tha the ringback heard by the caller.

Mark,

A familiar name :-)

A couple of seconds of post-hangup ringing is also the best I've been able to achieve using supervisory tone detection. The mid-call option is a bit worrying though as I've had CCME kill calls prematurely when dialing other companies with PABXs which provide weird ringback.

You could probably also ask Telstra to enable Reverse on Idle Condition (ROIC) on the line then enable battery reversal for the FXO port, but I haven't tried this myself.

~Brad

Hi Brad,

Good to hear from you too!!

I had some config from Cisco, as below. I've tried this and it hasn't made any difference. I'm not sure whether it requires some further tweaking, maybe..

thanks,

Mark

voice class dualtone-detect-params 1

cadence-variation 50

voice class custom-cptone telstra

dualtone disconnect

frequency 425

cadence 375 375

voice-port 0/1/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

supervisory custom-cptone telstra

supervisory dualtone-detect-params 1

cptone AU

Not surprisingly, the thing is that with plar opx, ring in and no answer on the ip phone, the fxo port never answer the call, so pre-connect "could' apply", not mid-call. Then again, unless you listen yourself on the line, you can't be sure which tones the switch is sending, and for how long. Quite possibly is not sending any.

Hi,

I've tried a few of the different disconnect command switches.

Which one is the preconnect? The other options have made no difference...

Many thanks,

Mark

'supervisory disconnect dualtone pre-connect' - this will just prevent the router from listening for tones after the call has connected, so it won't detect remote-end hangups after the call is established - possibly with the exception of the CPC which the exchange should send about a minute after call termination.

Mark -

It could be that the custom cptone for which Cisco provided the details is essentially the same as what is specified internally for 'cptone AU' anyway - unless they specifically said that those settings might provide a faster disconnect.

Did you try using those settings without specifying 'cptone AU' as well? I'm not sure which would take precendence. I might play with these settings (and maybe batt reversal) in the next few weeks when I have a bit more time. This is why I stick to at least BRI's where possible!

p.bevilacgua -

It is possible pre-connect would suffice when using opx. Now that you've mentioned that, I doubt the switch would be sending progress tones before the receiving end goes off-hook. It's likely any delay CME presents in detection of the death of an inbound call is simply so it can be sure that no further ring pulses are due inbound. This said, the cptone settings probably don't impact pre-connect call detection.

Hi Guys,

I've tried the pre-connect, but that made no difference.

Brad: Thanks for the info. I've just tried removing the cptone AU, but that also makes no difference. You might be right with the battery reversal.

Do you know if Telstra use loop start - I think there are a bunch of options maybe regarding that.

It's one to try different things till I get it right!!

thanks,

Mark

Telstra do use loop-start. I'm not aware of [m]any config options directly related to it though.

I think batt reversal is the best bet. If Telstra will enable it however, I'm just not sure how it would impact anything else on the line (analog or DSL modems for example).

If batt reversal can't be used then I think tone detection and CPC are as good as it gets :-/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: