Views
Helpful
Replies

Choosing a Router

KlediBodinaku24
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need some help in choosing a router and the cards for expansion that i should ask. Basicly what I need is that the Router must have 3 Ethernet Interfaces. It mus t have ability for multiple VPN connection from other devices and also from Cisco VPN client. and also must have an IOS that offers good securitty.

Any sugesstions please.

Regards

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

do throw more on the kinda connectivity you are going to have on this box to get you connected to the outside world..

You also need to check out the number of vpn tunnels you need to support using this box..

regds

Hi

THis Router Would have probably the need to use up to 500 VPN connection. It wont connect directly to the outside world, but will have connection with 2 routers and 1 PIX and will serve as a bridge between these two routers and the PIX. I was thinking something like 2811 or 2821 but I would like some help of chosing what kind of other cards do i need to request with it and what kind of IOS should i use.

Regards

Hi

You can refer the attached doc for the required info on selecting the suitable hardware for you.

Also do keep in mind about the future expansion before selecting a hardware now..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: