Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express 4.0

How can I define and use a "global" variable in IPCCX? I want to be able to modify a variable that can then be used from other scripts.

Thanks,

Glenn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No way. Take a look at these sample scripts (bottom of page)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

take a look at the state_check.aef and state_update.aef examples, they should give you all you need.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your best alternative is to write it to an XML file. I've done many implementations where global varaibales were needed and writing it to XML file, then reading from it is the easiest way. ANother way is to use DB.

HTH,

Chris

Is there no way of defining a global variable? If not, does anyone have an example of a script that writes to an XML?

Thanks,

Glenn

No way. Take a look at these sample scripts (bottom of page)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

take a look at the state_check.aef and state_update.aef examples, they should give you all you need.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Chris,

This reads and writes to a doc in the C:\program files\wfavvid directory. I have redundant servers. The doc does not get updated on the Secondary server in case the primary goes down. Do I have any options to get this file to be replicated automatically?

Thanks,

Glenn

You can upload the doc to repository and work off of the file there.

Chris

Chris,

Sorry for dumb questions but how do I reference a doc from the repository in the script?

Thanks,

Glenn

No such thing as a dumb question! :)

You can use DOC[filename] to reference a document stored in the Repository, e.g. as the source in the "Create XML Document" step. I think this is relative to the default language configured, so you don't need to specify "en_GB\..." etc.

When I try this, I get an error:

Unable to parse expression; unassignable type:Document; expecting String.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Glenn

I ran in to this issue myself today while migrating scripts from a UCCX 7.x system to 9.x.  In 7.x I have my xml files saved on the hard drive in the root of the wfavvid folder. 

In 9.x the files need to be uploaded to the document repository.

On the 7.x system my variables were defined as Strings.

Once the files get uploaded to the document repository I had to change my variables to type Document.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: