- Bronze, 100 points or more
I'm confused about the WAN links in general especially the interfaces, channelized, unchannelized.
For example i have a E1 connection "2 M" from my telecom and i have Cisco 2821 router with WIC-1T, now i have the following questions:
- In general the serial interface supports only 2 M as a maximum, right?
- If i have a WIC-1T, i think i need an access unit to have a v.35 interface from the router side, is it better to install access unit with WIC-1T or to have another solution like NM-1CE1T1-PRI with RJ-45 interface and sure without any access units? i mean technical wise, since the first solution is cheaper.
- the G.703 is signaling or interface wise, and does it support channelized signalling or not.
What is the difference between chanelized and un-channelized E1s, is it the same as framed and un-framed?
- If the G.703 interface, is it better than the NM-1CE1T1-PRI and why?
Thanks in advance