Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring AAA with 2811 IPIP Voice Gateway

mohammadpatel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure 2811 Gateway for IP to IP VoIP calls as a carrier and need to calls to be Authenticated/Accounted on Radius Billing Server. The problem is that when a call comes into the GW, the call is forwarded on the second leg without authenticated but the accounting messages are coming properly.

Cisco TAC advised that I need to run TCL which I don't understand why. I am NOT using any IVR for the incoming calls, but still they insist using it.

Anyone has any experience in this implementation.

4 Replies 4

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

TCL != IVR

TCL is just a scripting language.

There is such a TCL script that authenticates IP-to-IP calls.

So what the TAC has advised you is right.

Just configure the proper TCL script at your dial-peer and it will handle the authentication for you (will send authentication/authorization messages to the Radius server).

Thank you for confirmation. You mentioned that there IS a script for such purpose, but I cant find the same.

Can you forward me the LINK for this TCL? Also, if this needs to be assinged on particular dial-peer or globally?

1. The script has to be assigned to a specific dial-peer.

2. Here is a good script for you to authenticate on the customer IP:

app_remote_ip_authenticate.2.0.0.tcl

3. TCL scripts are not freely available for download. You should possess a CCO account in order to download the TCLWare pack.

I tried to look for the script but cant find it on the web.

Can you give me the exact link of the script and for the installation guide for the same?

I do have a valid CCO login that allows download.