Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Gatekeeper CAC + Zone Management Question

Unanswered Question
Jan 11th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi.

Currently a customer have 4 VoIP Gateways register to a gatekeeper. Each of the VoIP Gateways are in a different zone (4 zones) on the gatekeeper. Is there a way to specify CallAdmision control between 2 specific sites?

For example customer wants from Site-1 to Site-2 3 calls and from Site-1 to Site-3 4 calls and from Site-1 to Site-4 1 call.

Can we be this granular with the CAC on the gatekeeper? I know we can do CAC from one zone to all remaining zones but is there a command to be granular on zone per zone..

Thanks in advanced,

-J

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
thisisshanky Thu, 01/11/2007 - 13:41
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

If there are different zones, you can always use bandwidth interzone command. But this limits the call to all other zones from the source zone.

HTh

Sankar

PS: please rmeember to rate posts!

jmujica Thu, 01/11/2007 - 14:11
User Badges:

Thanks Sankar.. But is there a way to be more specific and identify bandwidth per two zones at a time? If not then how is the best practice if that is required and gatekeeper is the one doing the call routing and CAC

-J

jmujica Sun, 01/14/2007 - 08:10
User Badges:

Any suggestion for doing Call Admission Control when having Sites connected in a full mesh with redundant links and also using the Gatekeeper for DialPlan and CAC.

I'm looking for a way to provide CAC between one site and another (for a total of 4-8 sites).. It will be CAC per two sites every time.. Because I know the gatekeeper can have CAC from one zone to any other zone(s).

Any ideas?

Actions

This Discussion